6 Skincare Resolutions for the New Year
With the holidays behind us it’s time to gear up for the New Year – the one time of year when we put pen to paper to outline all our resolutions. While losing weight and saving money may top your list this year, don’t forget about your skincare. Here are some quick and easy resolutions your skin will love in 2017:
1) Protect your skin from the sun everyday: Make a commitment to protect your skin from UV damage and wear sunscreen under your makeup or purchase makeup that has at least SPF 15. If you don’t know what’s right for your skin type ask your doctor what they recommend. UV damage can cause premature wrinkles and sun spots. By protecting your skin from UV rays you will continue to look more youthful throughout the New Year!
2) Throw away outdated skincare products: Make-up that hasn’t been used in a while and outdated skincare products may be hosting bacteria and can cause breakouts. Open the medicine cabinet and empty your make-up bag. If you haven’t touched that skincare product or piece of makeup in a few months it’s time to say goodbye. Your skin will thank you later.
3) Sleep without make-up: Not removing your make-up is one of the worst don’ts when it comes to your skincare routine. Makeup clogs pours and can leave your complexion looking dull. Wash, tone and moisturize your skin every night before bed this year.
4) Exfoliate: This is the step most people skip as part of their skincare routine. Try exfoliating at least once a week with an at home facial scrub – you will see an immediate difference. If you can make it into the office, try microdermabrasion, a chemical peel or hydrafacial. Peels in particular can take years off your face.
5) Consult a trained professional before pursuing aesthetician services (Botox, dermal fillers): Minimally invasive procedures including Botox® and dermal fillers such as Artefill®, Juvederm® or Restylane® continue to grow in popularity. But not every physician is trained to perform these procedures. Make sure you check the physician’s credentials and validate they have extensive experience using the products they have recommended.
6) Manage stress: Stress affects your health and over time can cause over-production of oil and inflammation which results in bad skin. Relieve stress this year by taking a walk, going to a yoga class or taking up a hobby. You will stay happier, your health will improve and it will be reflected on the outside.
Here at WellMedica we offer a series of different treatments for your skin that deal with different skin issues such as acne, wrinkles, aging, and more. We also offer a wide variety of medical grade epi-organic skin care products formulated by Dr. Dima herself which you can learn more about by visiting here.