As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again. WellMedica in Reston Virginia has all treatment options available!
WHAT IS RADIOFREQUENCY (RF) ELECTRODESICCATION?
Radiofrequency (RF) Electrodesiccation can treat a wide variety of common skin imperfections such as sun/ age spots, small Sider Capillaries, Milia, Skin tags, Sebaceous Hyperplasia, Cholesterol deposits, Fibromas, Precancerous lesions, and Cherry Angiomas. This dual frequency combines both monopolar (4.0 MHz) and bipolar (1.7 MHz) frequencies for outstanding precision and maximum results. This high frequency noninvasive treatment is minimally invasive, and only targets localized areas with heat without penetrating the skin surfaces using a small needle-like probe. The new skin layer will heal on its own revealing a renewed rejuvenated skin tissue.
COMMON CONDITIONS USED TO TREAT WITH RF ELECTRODESICCATION
SUN/ AGE SPOTS
CHOLESTEROL DEPOSITS (XANTHELASMA)
PRECANCEROUS SKIN LESION
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING AND AFTER RF ELECTRODESICCATION?
The skin is prepped and numbed with a topical anesthetic to ensure comfort. A small needle like probe is used to touch the skin to vaporize and dehydrate the imperfection.
After the lesion is treated, a small crust or scab will form which falls away within 4–7 days. Immediately after treatment, the skin may be a little red or flushed. The scab will vaporize (slough off) in a few days revealing a slightly pink spot and the area treated will gradually return to the normal skin color a few within 7 days.
Things to do post RF Electrodessication:
- It’s best not to pick or scratch at any scabs to avoid scarring.
- Avoid hot tubs, pools or lakes until the area is completely healed.
- After 24 hours you can wash your face using a gentle cleanser like “So Universally Clean Cleanser” by Cosminology ( https://www.cosminology.com/product-page/so-universally-clean )
- After 24 hours hydrate your skin using a mild moisturizer like “Fault Line Defender Cream” by Cosminology (https://www.cosminology.com/product-page/fault-line-defender )
- Avoid direct sun exposure and ensure that you frequently use your sunscreen like “Cosmic Ray Shield” by Cosminology ( https://www.cosminology.com/product-page/cosmic-ray )
- Makeup can be applied within 24 hours.
Allow 10-14 days for the skin to heal if the face and upper body is treated. Lower extremities might take a little longer and can take up to 3- 4 weeks to fully heal.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR RF ELECTRODESICCATION?
RF Electrodessication works with all skin types, and effectively treats areas of concerns with no need of sutures. One of the greatest benefits is that the post- procedure recovery is quick and easy. Depending on the skin imperfection type, sometime a single treatment is required while other conditions might require 2-4 sessions. Discuss with Dr. Dima Ali other available options for you to decide which option suits you best.