Restylane® filler in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC. Board Certified Cosmetic Laser Surgery and Wellness Center.
RESTYLANE FILLER | BEFORE & AFTERS
WHAT IS RESTYLANE?
You may have noticed some significant changes to your skin that have accompanied aging, but those changes aren’t necessarily welcome. Restylane is a dermal filler that can help you achieve the youthful, supple appearance that you’ve been missing. It’s fast-acting and will help smooth out the wrinkles that have appeared in certain areas on your face. Depending on the results you’re looking for and the area treated, you’ll be recommended a different type of this filler.
At WellMedica practice, we offer a great variety of choices in this category of aesthetic dermatology gaining so much attraction. Restylane is a crystal-clear, non-animal, biodegradable gel based on a natural substance, called hyaluronic acid . Restylane helps rejuvenate and smooth wrinkles, plump your cheeks, nasolabial folds, tear trough area, around the mouth and lips. Achieving the look you desire is as easy as it is quick. No previous skin test is needed.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Restylane is good for patients who don’t mind repeat procedures. If they are afraid of a bad result, resty can be dissolved or will go away on its own by time. It is important to be realistic about what the filler can achieve knowing that fillers cannot stop permanent signs of aging within the face. It can only improve a person’s appearance rather than dramatically alter it. Many filler options are available.
HOW MANY SYRINGES WILL I NEED?
The number of syringes you will need for your Restylane family of products will depend greatly on your age, the area treated, and amount of volume loss. The first thing that’s going to dramatically impact the amount of filler you need is how big of a change you need or want to achieve your desired look. Generally, the older you get, the more filler you need to correct age-related changes.
HOW MUCH DOES RESTYLANE COST?
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT?
Restylane requires no pretesting, but you should take a few precautions before being treated. Before any Restylane injection it is recommended to:
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A, and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1-week pre and post-injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising – You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/Retin-A, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform Dr. Dima if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Inform Dr. Dima and staff if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Immediately after the treatment, you can expect slight redness, swelling, tenderness, and an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The discomfort is temporary and generally disappears in a few days. When it comes to lip augmentation, the swelling may last longer. Some patients experience swelling for about a week.
IS IT SAFE?
Yes- Restylane collection of dermal fillers is FDA-approved and completely safe for almost everyone. As long as you are over the age of 21, are not taking blood thinners, pregnant or breastfeeding, and haven’t been reactive to injectables in the past, this will be safe for you. The main ingredient in the Restylane family is something that is naturally found in the human body.