Replenish lost collagen with Sculptra at WellMedica. Reston Virginia Board Certified Cosmetic Laser Surgery and Wellness Center
SCULPTRA®AESTHETICS | BEFORE & AFTERS
WHAT IS SCULPTRA® AESTHETIC?
With age, your skin’s natural collagen supply decreases, and you may start to notice wrinkles and facial aging. Sculptra Aesthetics will activate the skin’s natural regenerative process and help restore lost collagen, the most common protein in the body that supports cells and tissue.
Sculptra® Aesthetic is an FDA-approved injectable that helps gradually replace lost collagen. It is made with a biocompatible, biodegradable, synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid, which is gradually and naturally absorbed by the body and helps rebuild lost collagen through a series of treatments administered by Dr. Dima.
IS SCULPTRA® AESTHETIC RIGHT FOR ME?
Not all treatments or injectables are created the same. As people age, the skin loses its elasticity from a reduction in collagen. People typically get Sculptra to correct their contour deficiencies and wrinkles. But aside from wanting wrinkle correction, other factors can make you a good candidate for Sculptra:
- Hollowness in the face
- Loss of volume
- Weight loss
There’s no magic age at which to get Sculptra treatments, so scheduling a consultation with Dr. Dima can help you determine if it’s right for you.
HOW MANY SCULPTRA VIALS WILL I NEED?
Sculptra works to stimulate new collagen growth, rather than adding volume, aren’t as easy to compare in terms of how many syringes you’ll need. Sculptra actually comes in vials, though most patients use 2-4 vials throughout the entire face.
On average, a series of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months may be needed. The number of vials at each session will vary per appointment, depending on the degree of correction required and the treatment plan determined by you and Dr. Dima.
HOW MUCH DOES SCULPTRA® AESTHETIC COST?
The cost starts at $1000 per vial. (There are a variety of factors that determine the overall price). To ensure that your Sculptra procedure is affordable, we accept various payment methods, including special financing plans.
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT?
Before any Sculptra Aesthetic injection, it is recommended to:
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to one 1-week pre and post-injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising – You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/Retin-A glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform Dr. Dima if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Inform Dr. Dima and staff if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients.
After Sculptra Aesthetic injection, you can develop moderate swelling and redness with the possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. Applying or taking Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising. There can be a slight fullness in the treated area for a couple of days after the treatment. This is because there is water in Sculptra. It is usually a nice look that helps you get a sense of what it will be like when the treatment has taken full effect, usually a period of two to six weeks after the treatment.
A few hours after treatment patients are able to wear earrings normally. One may experience some redness, swelling, or bruising after injection which is totally normal. This should only last a few days.
IS IT SAFE?
Yes, Sculptra Aesthetic is safe as it is a collagen production stimulant. In 2004, Sculptra Aesthetic was approved by the FDA.