Bellafill® dermal filler in Reston Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland. Board Certified Cosmetic Laser Surgery and Wellness Center.
BELLAFILL | BEFORE & AFTERS
WHAT IS BELLAFILL?
Bellafill (formerly known as Artefill) is a dermal filler that provides long lasting wrinkle correction. The body absorbs other fillers and requires frequent repeat injections to maintain the results. Bellafill’s unique microsphere is not absorbed by the body and provides the support your skin needs for normal, long lasting results.
WHAT IS BELLAFILL?
Bellafill is the filler approved to treat moderate to severe acne scarring and the only one shown to last around five years. With Bellafill, men and women can attain a more youthful glow without the expense and downtime of surgery.
It replaces lost volume in the skin below the wrinkle for results that are immediate and lasting. In consumer surveys, Bellafill scored extremely high for patient satisfaction. Also in 2013, there were more than 2.2 million injectable filler procedures, which makes it the second most popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure, and the fastest growing.
IS BELLAFILL RIGHT FOR ME?
If you want to look younger without the periodic maintenance of other dermal fillers and injectables, Bellafill® may be right for you. At WellMedica we offer a variety of dermal fillers that might suit you best.
- Are at least 21 years of age
- Want a nonsurgical treatment to address facial areas that lack fullness (like sunken cheeks).
- Want to address facial irregularities, like static wrinkles (such as nasolabial folds), acne scars, or bags under eyes.
- Are seeking a long-lasting cosmetic solution
- Do not have allergies to bovine collagen
HOW MANY BELLAFILL SYRINGES WILL I NEED?
You must get the correct number of syringes to get optimal, long-lasting results. Bellafill is not a one-size-fits-all treatment course. Your dosage will depend on the treatment area and your skin’s condition.
- Hollow cheeks- at least four to six syringes
- Depressed temples and droopy mouth corners- four to five syringes
- Nasolabial folds- at least two to four syringes
HOW MUCH DOES BELLAFILL COST?
The cost starts at $1000 per syringe and up. (This can really vary widely based on the number of syringes used).To ensure that the Bellafill procedure is affordable, we accept a variety of payment methods including special financing plans.
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT?
Before any Bellafill injection it is recommended to:
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A, and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1-week pre and post-injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising – You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/Retin-A, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform Dr. Dima if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Inform Dr. Dima and staff if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Immediately after the treatment, you can expect slight redness, swelling, tenderness, and an itching sensation, and bruising in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The discomfort is temporary and generally disappears in a few days.
IS IT SAFE?
Yes! Bellafill has been FDA approved since 2006 requiring a skin test to identify patients who may be allergic to the lidocaine or collagen in Bellafill. Bellafill had the largest and longest dermal filler study ever conducted, and was actually proven safe through 5 years for the correction of nasolabial folds or smile lines and moderate to severe acne scarring.